Smoker's Inferno: A Quitter's Journal

Follow me on a self-centred journey of self-discovery and self-loathing.

Monday, June 06, 2005

I grasp the music baton and dash haphazardly -- and with much trepidation -- toward increased human contact

Mitzzee, a loyal commentator on my blogs and esteemed writer of Ohh La La, has passed me the 'music baton.' It may come as a great shock and source of parent-like disappointment to some, but, lacking in some of the apparently base knowledge that makes up the blogosphere, I was taken completely by surprise. What was this unexpected electronic phallus and how should I proceed? After one question and answer from the aforementioned Mitzzee and several frantic calls to my legal representative, who operates from the back table at Kilgour's Bar Meets Grill, I realized that my original fear-based hesitation was unmerited. So, without further posturing, my dash with the baton...

Total volume of music files on my computer:
Approximately 3 gigs, not enough to warrant investigation by the FBI, but enough to contribute to the ever-increasing, whining drone of mega-rich superstars out there.

Last CD I bought was:
The Massacre, 50 Cent

Last CD I downloaded was:
American Idiot, Green Day (Mitz, Shora: definitely a great disc)

Song playing right now:
Who Made Who, AC/DC

5 songs I listen to a lot, or that mean a lot to me:
This is double tough. Here's the first that came to mind.

Flying High Again, Ozzy Osbourne
Hits from the Bong, Cypress Hill
Signs, 5 Man Electrical Band
Drawing Flies, Soundgarden
May This Be Love, Jimi Hendrix (our wedding song)

NB. If it mentions smoking, drugs, sex, hookers, guns, fire trucks, polymer filaments, double-decker buses, public urination or puppies, and offends at least 50 per cent of the general populace, it's probably cool with me. Satan worship is optional, but definitely encouraged.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I SO LOVE THAT YOU DID THIS...and I SO LOVE YOUR CHOICE IN MUSIC! KICK ASS DUDE! also, very happy that you consulted your legal rep first, that alleviates and unnecessary action later against the Mitz....and finally, I so love "if it mentions polymer filaments"......lmao! you ROCK!

June 06, 2005 3:50 p.m.  
Blogger kennedy said...

Thanks Mitz, I was flattered to be included! I don't have enough people on my blog, but maybe I'll come up with a baton of my own to pass along to you, though, as you may have noticed from my writing, it will probably be a little, ahem, "different" than this one.

June 06, 2005 3:56 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like different!!! ;)

no i know.

June 07, 2005 11:48 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home