Smoker's Inferno: A Quitter's Journal

Follow me on a self-centred journey of self-discovery and self-loathing.

Monday, May 30, 2005

Week 4 in review

Not much to say folks. While last week showed a slight improvement over the previous, the past seven days were certainly what one could call a backslide. I'll keep this briefer than usual, since my shame, combined with an inconsistent daily intake of nicotine, has left me in a kind of odd, frenetic, bi-polar state. It's so bad in fact, that in today's post to my regular blog, I machine-gunned Snow White and one of the dwarfs. Yeah, they're dead, and Grumpy's on the run.

Day 20
I have 14 smokes on holiday Monday. Not bad.

Day 21
After much calculation, I determine that I've had 13 smokes over the course of the day. I realize I'm becoming quite tired of keeping track.

Day 22
Eleven smokes. Wasn't I at 10 or less for the better part of last week?

Day 23
Too many and yet not nearly enough -- 12 smokes. This sucks.

Day 24
Patio Friday. It never fails -- 26.

Day 25
Eight smokes. Not really a shock, since I get up at the crack of 5 p.m. on Saturdays, significantly limiting my smoking time.

Day 26
I have 10 cigarettes today and seriously consider putting an end to my quest. For a while afterward I consider putting an end to calling it a quest, since that would suggest that I'm actually striving to do something.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you're even trying to quit? what's the point? you certainly don't appear to be enjoying it.

I too am trying to quit...I only smoke when I drink. which includes alcoholic beverages and coffee.....guess if that means quitting is going well or not? NO I KNOW!

good luck. funny...you are very very funny.

June 02, 2005 10:31 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some advertising networks require that publishers are at least 18 years of age to join
them. It is therefore important that you establish certain 'habits' early on when blogging to make your site more appealing.
Promote and distribute your posts on to other social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Linked
- In.

Feel free to surf to my site - blog writing

March 23, 2013 3:08 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home