Smoker's Inferno: A Quitter's Journal

Follow me on a self-centred journey of self-discovery and self-loathing.

Sunday, May 22, 2005

When not to smoke

OK. At this point, despite my sporadic and half-baked attempts at quitting smoking, I'm certain it's become abundantly clear that my rough-and-tumble, on-again, off-again love affair with tobacco runs pretty deep. However, despite my questionable regard for rules in general and outward disdain for many of the agreed-upon rules of societal conduct, I've seen some folks spark a butt at some highly inappropriate moments.

So, in this moment of long weekend, morning-after weakness, I will provide some helpful suggestions, times when you really shouldn't light up a smoke:

  • when you're riding a bike
  • when you're picking your dad up from chemo
  • when you're eating a bologna sandwich
  • when you're pumping gas
  • when the guy is filling up your barbecue's propane tank
  • when the priest is handing out communion wafers
  • when you're having an asthma attack
  • when someone in the car with you is having an asthma attack
  • when you're waiting in the supermarket express lane
  • when the judge is passing sentence on you
  • when you're covered in kerosene

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home