Smoker's Inferno: A Quitter's Journal

Follow me on a self-centred journey of self-discovery and self-loathing.

Sunday, May 08, 2005

II: Instead of smoking, why not...


6. Purchase an authentic samurai costume and sword. (Use Internet if viable source of costumes or swords is not available in your area.) On weekends, don outfit and use sword to trim bushes, shrubs and trees in full view of neighbours.

7. Build a pit in the backyard. Capture large squirrel. Capture small raccoon. Borrow neighbour's Pomeranian. (If this isn't possible, visit the Canadian Kennel Club for more about dog breeds.) Place all three in pit. Stand back.

8. Master Elaine's "little kicks" dance from Seinfeld. Perform it each week during your trip to the supermarket, preferably by the deli counter. If it's a weekend, try hitting the baby food and diapers aisle.

9. Know someone who lives to argue? Of course you do. Find said person and say something outrageous. For example: "Richard Nixon's wife Pat was the gunman on the grassy knoll. She killed JFK." Be firm. Quote fictitious Internet sources as required. Sit back and enjoy.

10. Find recipe for five-course gourmet meal. Invite pretentious friends, colleagues and/or acquaintances to your house. Prepare gourmet meal and serve in dog or cat bowls. Do not provide cutlery. Situate communal water dish at table centre. Lap from it regularly.

For more of this list, visit the following:
Instead of smoking, why not...
III. Instead of smoking, why not...
IV: Instead of smoking, why not...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Today is my last day as a smoker. I'm using the latest miracle drug for smoking cessation called Chantix . Instead of trying to wean me off nicotine, it makes my brain stop "appreciating" nicotine. The plan is that I start taking the pills a week before my target quit date, which I did, and I already noticed a difference. I've been smoking substantially fewer cigarettes each day. (I used to smoke almost exactly a pack a day.) http://www.chantixhome.com/

November 11, 2008 7:21 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home